Church of St Anne in Derby

Derby Guide - Guide to the City of Derby in Derbyshire


Church of St Anne in Derby

The Church of St Anne in Derby is situated in the heart of Derbys West End at the junction of Whitecross Street and Leaper Street.

The Church of St Anne has an austere dark red brick exterior with a tall nave and chancel, lean-to aisles, and no tower Built in 1871 by F.W.Hunt and consecrated in 1872 it is a building clearly conceived for the highest form of Anglo-Catholic worship - with processional aisles, a spacious sanctuary, a rood carried aloft on a high beam and a windowless east wall totally covered with frescos depicting scenes from the Gospels.

The church also possesses a fine set of Continental vestments, many dating from C17 and C18.

SUNDAY SERVICES: 8.00, 11.15

CONTACT: Tel: (01332) 332681

Derby Churches : The Derby Guide Homepage


© Copyright 2011 Derby Guide : Disclaimer : Homepage